Legalisation of documents by the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation (Consular Legalization)
The consular legalization procedure may include up to five-six stages. Some stages are rather long. The State Duty may reach 6,000 Rubles for one document. Before starting the consular legalization procedure for a document, it is necessary to consult specialists, to know the possible cost of the procedure for one document, in each special case.
There is a model legalisation procedure which includes following stages:
- The document is to be completely reprinted and certified by the Notary in a special way.
- The minimum expense: payment of State Duty (120 rubles).
- After the reprinted copy is certified it is to be translated in a foreign language.
- The certified translation of the document copy is to be submitted to the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation.
- The document certified by the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation must be forwarded to the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia.
- Finally it is to be certified by the Consular Section of the appropriate Embassy.
Please be aware, that Consular Legalisation is the most time consuming method of document authentication. It may take 3 – 4 weeks to complete full procedure of legalization.